Monday 18 February 2013

Boatless...

The usual emails floated around towards the weekend to discover who would break the winter hibernation.  It sounded like a few were keen, but I couldn't play as presently boatless.

Looks like they would have had good weather, but the early morning club twitter feed reporting ice spotting's sounded slightly scary.  Thankfully, my boatless scenario prevented me from having to dodgy any icebergs the safety boats had missed!

My shiny new toy should arrive soon, so I managed to entertain my sailing fix by watching the first few races of the 2013 JJ Giltinan 18' skiff championship (www.18footerstv.com) I've often watch the footage these guys make, their knowledge and enthusiasm is obvious and just shows what can be done by; a few guys, a rib and a camcorder.  Makes some of the more commercial events look very dull in comparison, or is that just the boats...


They are even running a special JJ 'Pick the Podium' © which looks fun, I might try entering... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment